On Thursday 2nd November 2017, CTA presents its new conference on:
Changes in Regulations: What impact for the Commodity Trading Industry?
Following the 2008 economic and financial crisis, governments have implemented new regulations on financial markets. Commodity markets have been also impacted by these regulations directly or indirectly:
- Financing has proved more difficult for small and medium sized commodity companies as banks being under higher regulatory pressure area
- Compliance has become indispensable but is expensive and could reduce commercial flexibilities
- New regulations such as MIFID II could remove “Speculators” from some markets. This could affect the liquidity and therefore market volatility.
- Are new regulations such as MIFID II well considered, relevant and in line with Industry practice ?
- How will regulations affect the commodity supply chain and who will bear the additional cost ?
- Will regulations lead to more concentration of business in large companies or create opportunities for small companies ?
– Mr Ivan AGABEKOV : CFO at INOKS
– Ms Emma CULLEY : Head of Europe Compliance at Olam
– Mr Mohab KAMEL : Managing Director at Magma Oil
– Dr Matthias SPAINK : Regional Manager Middle East and Africa at Cargill
– Mr Olivier STRAUB : Group Tax Officer at MSC
– Richard WATTS: Managing Director at HR Maritime
– 6.00 pm : Registration
– 6.30 pm : Introduction
– 6:45 pm : Conference – Q&A
– 8:00 pm : Networking Cocktail & Sponsor Workshops
– 10:00 pm : End of Networking Cocktail