CTA Golf Trophy – First Edition
For the first time ever in Switzerland, a golf tournament where commodity trading companies battle it out on the
greens (also open to other industries).
- The tournament is played by opposing companies/teams
- Each company can be represented by one or several teams
- A team is made of 2 players. One of the players must be employed by the company, the second one could either be another employee or an invitee/business partner
- There is no restriction regarding the choice of the invitee/business partner
- Any player can register a team for his company in the tournament even if he/she registers alone provided that the organizer finds another player or a member of the hosting golf club to complete the team before the start of the tournament
- Each player must have an active handicap issued by an official national Golf Association
- The handicap of players which are between 36.1 and 54.0 will be rounded down to 36.0
- Format: Greensome Stableford – Team competition – 2 players per team
- The net scores are converted into Stableford points using the handicap strokes received by the team for each hole. The team with the most Stableford points wins. In the event of a tie the better net score of handicap holes 1-18 in that order will decide the winner.
- Venue: Golf & Country Club de Bonmont, Château de Chéserex (VD)
- Date: Friday, September 14th, 2018 – Welcome buffet opens at 12:00 am
- Briefing of playing rules and distribution of scorecards at 1:30 pm
- Tee off at 2:00 pm
- 18 holes – Game format: Greensome Stableford (teams of 2 players)
- The tournament is limited to 84 participants (42 teams)
- Each team represents a company. One player must be employed by the company and the second player is an invitee. The same company can be represented by more than one team.
- The tournament is primarily for professionals, whose activity is related to or supporting the commodity trading sector (trading, trade finance, shipping, inspection, insurance, information, consulting, legal…) but anyone can participate.
« Completion of your registration to the CTA Golf Trophy is conditional on the full payment of the fees. You cannot cancel your registration to the CTA Golf Trophy. In case of non-participation, no refund will be provided. The CTA is not liable for any failure to perform due to Force majeure. « Force majeure Event » means circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the CTA. However, you will receive a full-refund if the CTA Golf Trophy is cancelled. For the fulfillment of any refund request, please contact the CTA within two weeks after the cancellation has been communicated ».
Part 1: The Tournament (2pm – 6pm)
For this annual competition, companies of the commodity trading, trade finance, shipping and other industries will compete for the trophy. Each company will be represented by a team of two players. The members of the winning team and company names will be engraved on the Trophy, and they will have the opportunity to defend their title at the following cup.
Part 2: Golf Initiation (4pm – 6pm)
A 2h introduction session will be organized in parallel to the tournament. It will be animated by a teaching pro for a group of up to eight participants. Golf clubs and balls will be provided by the golf club.
Part 3: The Cocktail Dinner (7pm – 11pm)
The tournament will be followed by a cocktail dinner open to any industry professional. This is a unique opportunity to network in an exceptional setting at the prestigious Golf & Country Club de Bonmont!
Golf and Country Club de Bonmont
Route de Bonmont 31, 1275 Chéserex, Vaud